Products can be imported from a CSV file
You can download an example CSV file from here
- The first row in the CSV is reserved for the header columns. These must be in the correct order and spelt correctly. See below for the order and explanation of each.
- The file must be saved in csv format (.csv).
- The main product 'Handle' (which contains all of the product information, title, long description etc) must appear in the CSV before any of it's variation rows. See example CSV.
- For each group of product 'Handle', the import will update product if handle exists already or create new if handle has not been imported previously.
- SKU's must be unique. So creating a new product with an existing SKU, the import will throw an error.
- The image must have a valid URL.
- 'Tags', 'Option Names' and 'Option Values' must be separated by semi colons.
- 'Visible', 'Stock Track' and 'Stock Unlimited' have to be set to 'yes' or 'no'.
- 'Option Values' and 'Option Names' must have the same amount of entries.
- 'Handle' - This denotes a group of products and it's variations
- 'Title' - The title for the product
- 'Long Description' - The description/summary of the product
- 'Visible' - To indicate the product is live on the store
- 'Stock Track' - To indicate the product should be tracked upon purchase, i.e decremented stock on successful purchase
- 'Stock Warning Level' - (optional) The stock level at which the store owner will be notified
- 'Stock Unlimited' - To indicate that the stock is unlimited
- 'Category' - (optional) A category name to associate with the product
- 'Tags' - (optional) A semi colon separated list of searchable tags/keywords for the product
- 'Image' - (optional) A url for the product
- 'Option Names' - (optional) A semi colon separated list of option name for the product variations i.e 'Colour;Size'
- 'Option Values' - (optional) A semi colon separated list of values for the associated product 'option names' i.e 'red;medium'
- 'Price' - The product price
- 'SKU' - (optional) A unique product reference/id. This will be auto generated if empty
- 'Weight' - The weight of the product (even if it is zero, just type 0)
- 'Stock' - (optional) The amount of units of stock available