One of the types of services you can offer through your website using the Bookings software is called 'Events'.
Events are a type of service where you set the time and place. It does not necessarily have to be within your business hours. Customers are then able to register for the event.
Events can be delivered either in person or online.
Open the Bookings software
Click on the main menu located at the top-left corner and the left side panel will display. Choose 'Appointments' from this list as shown below.
Adding a new service
In order to add an event follow the steps below:
1. Click on Services in the left-hand menu
2. Click the '+ Add service' button to the right of the screen.
Between the two options, choose 'Event'. Events are limited by the capacity of attendees that you set up, so several customers can book to attend your event.
Add a name to your service, a description, an image, and set the capacity for your event.
Customer information document
This section gives you the opportunity to attach an important document relating to the event such as an event program or timetable. This document will be attached to the confirmation email which a customer will receive shortly after booking.
Allows you to choose from 3 different methods of delivery:
- Online - The link which you enter here will be sent to the customer along with the confirmation email. If you have synced a Google Calendar then Google Meet will appear here and a link will be automatically generated. You can see this link yourself after you create the event by going into your calendar.
- Business location. For in-person meetings, your business location will be shown during the checkout process and will also be included in the confirmation email.
- Other. This will be shown to your customers during checkout and it will be included in the confirmation email for their booking.
A service can be Public or Unlisted. Unlisted services will not show up on the 'Services' page on your site, but customers can still book them if you send them the link to the service.
Choose how you want to take payment for the event. If you do want to take payment, set the amount and the user will be directed to your selected payment method at checkout. Alternatively, you can set the event to be free.
This section is a good opportunity to give any pre-requisite information to the customer so they are ready for the event.
Specify the date and time for your event. If the event will be recurring you can set the frequency here as well.
NOTE. In the example above, my event will run every Monday, starting from the 1st of August, and will end after 4 occurrences. The output of these details is shown below.
Choose whether or not to include an advance notice period for the event. Once the advance notice limit has been passed customers will not be able to book the event.
Save and publish
You are done. Your new service will show up on the Services page and your customers will be able to book it.