This tutorial will help you to create some contrast between your image and the text block on top of it.
STEP 1. Add your files
Click on the MEDIA tab (1) and then click on the ADD (2) button.
You will need 2 images. The first one should be the bottom image (1) and the second should be a transparency (PNG) (2). You can create the transparency using photoshop (black = 70%) or you can download the transparency from this link.
Your 2 images will appear in your IMAGES tab
STEP 2. Add a Background widget
Click on the WIDGETS tab (1), search for the Background Widget (2) and drag it to your page
STEP 3. Add an image to the Background Widget
1. Click on the Background Widget settings icon
2. Drag the background image to the box on the settings panel
3. Select "Tile image" in the drop down menu
4. Untick the "Repeat X and Y" boxes
5. Set the padding to zero
STEP 4. Add a Text Block inside the Background Widget
Go to the WIDGETS tab (1) and drag a Text Block Widget inside of your Background Widget (2). Drag the Text Block Widget down until you can see your whole image.
STEP 5. Create a new style for your text block
Click on the Styles button of your Text Block Widget
Click on "Add new type style"
1. Give a descriptive name to the new type style
2. Select Paragraph and leave the other boxes with their default content
3. Click on the ADD STYLE button
STEP 6. Edit your new type style
1. Click on the Styles button
2. You will need to scroll down to find the type style you just created
3. Click on the Edit button and the Style Editor will display
Change the font color to white so you can see it on top of your dark background
Select Spacing (1) on the menu and edit the padding using the sliders.
For this example we have set the padding to:
1. Select Background
2. Drag the Transparency image to the box
3. Select Image in the drop down menu
4. Tick the Repeat X and Y boxes
5. Click on Save changes when you are done
STEP 7. Change your text
You can now edit your text normally adding your own content