1. How can I publish my site?
Click on the Publish button on top of the page. To publish your site with an external domain (www.your-domain.com) you will need a paid-for account.
2. How do I map my domain?
1. Click on the Manage button
2. Go to Domains
3. Depending on if you bought your domain with us or with another domain provider, follow the tutorial Mapping my custom domain to my Basekit site
3. Why is my site not showing the same in all browsers?
Different browsers read code in different ways, but in general you should be able to see your website the same way in modern browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE (newest versions).
If you see differences in your website between browsers, try to install the Flash Player latest version and clear your browser's caché.
4. Can I do something to help Google find my site?
5. When I've updated my SEO, will I be in the top ten in Google?
BaseKit sites have excellent SEO performance and require you only to enter appropriate terms for the site (and optionally the page) and then invite Google to index the site.
Google has several methods to rank websites. Some examples are:
- The frequency and location of keywords within the Web page: If the keyword only appears once within the body of a page, it will receive a low score for that keyword.
- How long the Web page has existed: People create new Web pages every day, and not all of them stick around for long. Google places more value on pages with an established history.
- The number of other Web pages that link to the page in question: Google looks at how many Web pages link to a particular site to determine its relevance.
Everyone wants their site to be listed at the top of a Google search but this can only be achieved through good content, optimisation and linkage.
6. Will you help me setting up my email accounts?
Yes, We can help you with this for any domain name purchased from us
7. I created a site for a client, how do I transfer my account to them?
If you have a multi site account you can't transfer the website into another account for your client. You can give him access to the site by adding a new user with an editor role. The user you add won't be able to see or edit your other sites. You can see here how to Manage Users.
If you have a single site account, instead of adding a new user change the Administrator email for your clients email and give him a new password. See Change your contact email. To change the billing information follow this tutorial: Edit billing information.
8. How can I use Google Analytics with BaseKit?
You can use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of your BaseKit site. You will need to sign up for a Google Analytics account and paste your Profile ID inside our editor. For more information follow the Google Analytics tutorial we made for you.
9. I bought my domain somewhere else, I need help setting up my DNS records
If you need to map the domain name you bought somewhere else, you can take a look at Mapping my custom domain to my BaseKit site.
We are there to help you if you need any help through the process. Contact our support team through our LiveChat located inside the editor.
10. How can I download/transfer the website I made with BaseKit?
You can't download or transfer any website created using our editor. Sorry.
11. I need to transfer the domain I got from you to another server.
In common with other registrars, we will not transfer a domain for the first 60 days after registration and we will not transfer a domain if payment is outstanding. If we provided you with a free domain it will not be transferrable within the first year of registration.
12. Can I map a domain I bought with BaseKit to a site outside of basekit?
No, you can't. You can ask for a domain transfer 2 months after purchasing your domain with us.
13. Why can’t I log in to my editor?
Sometimes when you add code to your site you can break the editor. We strongly recommend you don't add code to your site if you don't understand coding.
When you contact the support team for us to help you, we will need you to provide us with the exact code you pasted into your site so we can remove it. If you don't provide with the code perhaps we won't be able to help you.
14. Can you debug my code?
Sorry, we can't help you debug a third party code.
15. What is a Google Merchant ID?
The merchant identification number is an unique numeric code assigned to a company by Google.
You must be sure you know how to code before trying to paste any code into your site.
17. Can I upload a website I created with Dreamweaver?
No, sorry. But if you have a Photoshop design you can Use a BaseKit-ready PSD template with BaseKit V6
18. Is my website published in php, html or asp?
Your website is published in HTML
19. What is the maximum number of widgets I can have on a page?
There is no fixed limit but we do not test beyond 100 widgets. We recommend that you do not create pages with more than around 50 widgets because you may create a page that will be slow to load.